Achieve the skills needed to create spectacular night photographs in this photo walking tour of the Palace of Fine Arts. You'll gain the skills to capture stunning, colorful and dramatic low light and night photographs. Your instructors will guide you along a hands-on walking tour with multiple photo demonstrations. You'll be able to shoot photographs alongside your instructors and get tips and advice on how to improve your images.
What You’ll Learn
- The proper settings to take great night & long-exposure photos
- Making use of artificial lights to highlight your subject during long exposures
- How to capture more light through long-exposure photography to make the night look more like the day
- Learn how to create light trails and motion effects with the use of long exposures
- How to use the bulb mode setting and timed exposure settings to create better images
$99, plus Eventbrite online processing fee
You are welcome to pay in store to avoid the Eventbrite fee.
What to bring…
- Bring your camera that allows manual settings
- Wide-angle and telephoto lens (we offer rentals if you don’t have one or the other)
- A fully charged battery (preferred two)
- Memory cards
- Camera remote
- Flashlight (not flash)
Where to park/How to get there
- 3601 Lyon St, San Francisco, CA 94123
- There is street parking and a few spots at the site
- Additionally, there is free and paid parking at Marina Green
- If you are not going to drive into the SF, you can take public transportation. Please visit 511.org to find out the best way from your home.
About your Instructors
Reza Toghani is a skilled landscape, nature and nighttime photographer, from Iran with over 30 years of experience. Using both film and digital technology he has been able to capture exotic locals and create powerful and thoughtful images. With his experience, flavored by his foreign perspective and vast knowledge of still imagery, Reza's able to produce breathtaking photographs and teach others how to do the same! When not photographing the wide vistas of Yosemite and the world, Reza is helping people find the right camera at the Dublin store.