Take your macro photography to higher levels with this three-part macro photography workshop with photoshoot at Denver Botanic Gardens!
Workshop includes an evening of online instruction in the Mike’s Camera virtual classroom, followed by a Saturday morning instructional walking tour at Denver Botanic Gardens, and culminates at a virtual follow-up critique and review session..
What You’ll Learn
- The difference between lenses that can focus close and true macro lenses
- How magnification relates to focal length and “working distance” explained
- Tips for illuminating your close-up subject
- How aperture affects depth-of-field when focusing closely
- Composition and exposure tips as they relate to macro photography
50% of all proceeds for this workshop are donated to the Denver Botanic Gardens foundation to support this wonderful Non-Profit organization.
-During the photoshoot, we will be breaking up into small groups to allow for safe social distancing.
Tuition includes evening webinar, hands-on instructional photography session at Denver Botanic Gardens, follow-up critique & review session.
Evening Webinar includes guidelines and tips for making great pictures at Denver Botanic Gardens. We’ll cover some tools and accessories that will help you in your quest to make stunning macro images. We’ll also cover composition, exposure value and will answer all your questions.
Photo Workshop at Denver Botanic Gardens is led by Mike’s Camera’s Joe Klocek and Scott Dougherty. Working with Joe and Scott, you’ll have the opportunity to photograph irises, roses, lilies, herbs, vegetables, beehives, birds and much more! The Mike’s Camera staff will always be nearby to assist you with technical questions and provide hands-on instruction to ensure you execute best practices and capture the best shots possible.
Follow up Critique wraps up the workshop with a fun and rewarding critique. We’ll review your best and not-so-great images from the day at Denver Botanic Gardens and share techniques that really worked, and those that were not as useful. You’ll be astonished by the immense variety of images that will have been captured and spend some time giving and receiving positive and informative feedback.
Denver Botanic Gardens workshops are limited to 30 photographers, 12 years and older. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult 18 years or older.
What to Bring
- Camera(s) with an extra memory and extra battery
- Variety of lenses– this will be discussed in the evening lecture
- Auxiliary flash & or pocket reflector
- Tripod or monopod
- Sun hat, sun screen
Previous Workshop Attendees Testimonials
- "I would highly recommend taking the three part Macro Photography workshop at Mike's Camera at Park Meadows; especially with Joe Klocek. Joe is the best. He has a tremendous amount of knowledge and loves working with you in the Field. You can tell he has an overall passion for Photography. He showed me how to use the Manual Mode, the Backlighting technique, and all about Photo-Stacking. I was able to create spectacular photos! I was especially happy about being able to take home a Matted Print of one of my favorite Photos. :))"
- "I wish I had taken this class sooner"
- "I found the gallery refreshing"
- "I learned a lot of different things to try the day of the workshop"
- "Many more useful takeaways than expected"
Registration, Dates, Times & Locations
Evening Webinar: Tuesday August 2, 2022 from 6:30PM – 8:30PM
Photographing Session at Denver Botanic Gardens: Sunday August 7, 2022 from 7:30AM – 10:30AM
Critique & Review: Wednesday August 10, 2022 from 6:30PM – 8:30PM
PLEASE NOTE: Registration will close 24 hours before the scheduled start time.
You will receive a link to access the webinar the day before it begins.
If you have any issues, please contact us at email@example.com.