Lighting and composition
Get out of the dull, and into the exciting, dynamic
and colorful world of portrait photography with photographer Abel Lares.
In this “shoot & learn” style workshop, you will learn your cameras main settings and how to adjust them for natural light portraits, while posing your model in a flattering manner.
What You’ll Learn
Learn how to pose people for awesome portraits in natural lighting situations. We will be bringing a professional model that you’ll be able to photograph for your portfolio. A model-release form will be provided so you can use the images to help build your portfolio.
Overview of Topics
- Learn to make quick changes to your cameras settings for the best lighting & color.
- Learn to easily pose your models in a simple and confident way.
- Understand natural lighting and how it can be used in your favor.
- Lens selection (Compression and depth of Field)
- Utilizing your environment into the image
- Plus so much more!
What to Bring:
- Digital camera w/ fully charged battery
- SD card with plenty of free space
- extra battery / SD card if possible
Because of the hands-on nature of this class and the complexities of the subject matter it’s limited to 12 people.
$99, plus Eventbrite online processing fee
You are welcome to pay in store to avoid the Eventbrite fee.
Tuition includes lecture and one on one assistance, as well as a $10 coupon that you can use towards anything in-store at any Mike's Camera location!
About your Instructor:
Abel Lares (“@Abelinsane” on instagram) is a natural light portrait photographer based in Sacramento, who has been taking and editing portraits since 2010. Recognized for his way of capturing emotion in his subjects and for his post processing techniques, he has been educating many photographers for the past 3 and a half years with his shooting/editing methods and aims to impact thousands more in the years to come.