Ever walked the entire span of the Golden Gate Bridge?
Join us as we take a brisk approximately four-mile round trip trek across the most iconic bridge in the world. Learn some great tips and secret tricks to snap some awesome unique images of the bridge, the city, the Marin Headlands and the San Francisco Bay.
We’ll meet at 11am sharp at the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center then begin our walk across the most bridge (we’ll take photos of the bridge from the SF side when we get back). It’ll be about an hour to transverse the bridge into Sausalito. We’ll stop for shots at the Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point before walking back across the bridge.
Golden Gate Bridge Facts
- It was the longest span in the world from its completion in 1937 until the Verrazano Narrows Bridge was built in New York in 1964. Today, it still has the ninth-longest suspension span in the world.
- Total length: Including approaches, 1.7 miles
- Middle span: 4,200 feet
- Width: 90 feet
- Clearance above the high water (average):220 feet
- Total weight today: 887,000 tons
- Each tower is 746 feet above the water and 500 feet (152 meters)above the roadway
- There are about 600,000 rivets in EACH tower.
Tuition $99, plus Eventbrite online processing fee
You are welcome to pay in store to avoid the Eventbrite fee.
What to bring…
- Bring your camera that allows manual settings
- Wide-angle and telephoto lens (we offer rentals if you don’t have one or the other)
- A fully charged battery (preferred two)
- Memory cards
Where to park/How to get there
- There are very few spots in front of the welcome center, some are free and there are some $5 spots near the bridge (see map below to see where to park – lots 1, 2, 7 & 8 are within a 5-minute walk).
- If you are not going to drive into the SF, you can take public transportation. Please visit 511.org to find out the best way from your home.
About your Instructors
Reza Toghani is a skilled landscape, nature and nighttime photographer, from Iran with over 30 years of experience. Using both film and digital technology he has been able to capture exotic locals and create powerful and thoughtful images. With his experience, flavored by his foreign perspective and vast knowledge of still imagery, Reza's able to produce breathtaking photographs and teach others how to do the same! When not photographing the wide vistas of Yosemite and the world, Reza is helping people find the right camera at the Dublin store.