Photographing the Racehorses as they train in the morning.
We will be photographing the horses as they train on the track. We will also be in the barn area of the racetrack.
What You’ll Learn:
- Shooting action
- Shooting in early morning light-learning how to master your camera in these settings.
- Opportunity to go backstage among the barns and photograph the people that care for and ride the horses Portrait opportunities in available and low light situations.
Dates, Times, Locations
Thursday, May 10, 2018, 7-9PM
Lecture at Mike’s Camera Mill Valley
Saturday, May 12, 2018, 7-10AM,
Photo Shoot at Golden Gate Fields Racetrack
Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 7-9PM,
Critique & Gallery at Mike’s Camera Mill Valley
- This is a great opportunity for people to learn how to shoot action using a zoom or telephoto lens.
- Hand held or using a tripod or a monopod.
- Great opportunity to photograph a variety of people also in a variety of situations with the horses they ride and care for.
- The racetrack barn area is a whole new world where the public seldom, or ever get to see.
- Early morning light taking pictures of these beautiful animals as they train is a once in a lifetime experience!
About your Instructor
Mary Richardson has been a Professional Photographer as well as an Exercise Rider at the Race Track for over 30 years. She has been published and has had numerous exhibits throughout the years as well as having won many awards in Photo competitions. She also has over 20 years experience in Photoshop and the Printing Industry. She has been working at Mike's Camera in Mill Valley selling cameras and teaching photo classes for a little over 2 years.