Learn advanced retouching techniques to clean up and enhance portraiture using Photoshop.
Using various tools and techniques in Photoshop, you’ll learn how to remove blemishes, color correct, create flawless skin, and more.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to remove blemishes, fix uneven skin tones, create flawless skin, and more.
- Learn how to adjust color tones to create a mood in your photo and correct for unflattering tones.
- Learn how to create various beauty effects, such as contouring, makeup, teeth whitening, etc.
- Use levels and curves adjustments to accentuate lighting and mood.
Topics and techniques that will be covered
- Equipment I use for taking and editing portraits, such as: cameras, lenses, graphics tablet, software
- What my end goal is for the portrait, regarding mood, style, theme, etc.
- Identifying what needs to be fixed in a photo, such as blemishes, uneven skin, unflattering color tones, etc. and identifying which tools to use to fix them.
- Using frequency separation, spot removal tools to clean up uneven skin.
- Using dodge and burn techniques to contour faces, add more dimension and bring focus to your subject
- Using color balance techniques to change the mood and create a signature style for your photos
- Using brush tools to add effects, such as adding freckles, or adding eyelashes or eyebrow hairs, etc.
Dates, Times, Location
Friday, August 10th 5:30-7:30PM
Saturday, August 11th 3:30-5:30PM
Mike’s Camera, Sacramento
2200 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
$249.00, plus Eventbrite online processing fee
You are welcome to pay in store to avoid the Eventbrite fee.
Because of the hands-on nature of this workshop and the complexities of learning software, this workshop is limited to 12 people. Basic understanding of Photoshop is highly encouraged.
Your own laptop computer, with a version of Adobe Photoshop CS6 software pre-loaded. Mouse or graphics Tablet. We will be instructing using the most current version, be aware that if you have an older version you may encounter slight differences within the user interface and certain functions.
About Your Instructor
Chris has been shooting and retouching portraits for 3 years, since starting the Photography program at Sacramento City College. My portrait work has been published in multiple print and online magazines, and I have been featured by Profoto as a Rising Light recipient. My specialty is fashion editorial portraiture, but I love all different types of photography, including product and travel.
In this class I want to share with my students the techniques that I use every day for retouching my portrait photos. These skills have been learned while studying in college, from resources online, as well as from members of the Sacramento photography community by way of workshops and 1-on-1 guidance.