This annual exhibit presents hundreds of colorful orchid blooms in the Orangery and Marnie's Pavilion.
Common and rare species are featured, some even so special they must remain behind the greenhouse glass. The popular photo contest returns for the fourth year and takes place through the run of the exhibit. Visitors can enter two photos of orchids taken at the Gardens on Facebook or Instagram using #DBGContest.
Mike's Camera is the 2018 Orchid Showcase Photo Contest sponsor.
- The grand prize winner will receive a Mike's Camera $100 certificate for photo printing (on paper or canvas)
- The second and third prize winners will receive a $50 printing certificate.
- Two entries per person
- All entries must be taken at the 2018 Botanic Gardens Orchid Showcase
- The entry deadline is Monday, Feb. 19, 11:59 p.m
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and Instagram Thursday, Feb. 26
- Staff selects winners for our photos contests
- Gift certificates will be mailed to the contest winners
Dates, Times, Locations
January 11 - February 19
Botanic Gardens Orchid Showcase
Thank you for your interest and participation in the Denver Botanic Gardens Orchid Showcase Photo Contest! We had over 600 entries and many, many beautiful images submitted.
Congratulations to our winners:
1st place: Rachel Koch
2nd place: Wayne Gillespie
3rd place: Santiago Moncayo
Please continue to submit your Instagram images tagged #mymikescamera to be included in future photo contests.