Learn the ins and outs of your film camera – and how to shoot film as we explore the scenic landscapes and photo opportunities at Westwind Community Barn in Los Altos Hills California.
In this hands-on instructional field trip we dive into the resurging art of analog film photography. We’ll explore the location while framing photos the old school way, through the lens and with your analogue camera’s light meter.
This field trip includes hands-on instruction, a roll of Fujifiulm, developing, a set of 4x6 prints and a CD with high quality scans of your pictures.
What you’ll Learn
Learn to work with your camera’s settings to make delightful available light images.
- The three exposure variables and how they relate: Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
- Adjusting settings on your film camera
- How to choose what film to shoot
- Ways to play with film for interesting analog effects (working with box ratings)
- Lighting and things to keep in mind when you are reading the exposure of your subject. (Overexposure rather than Underexposure for example)
- White balancing with different film types
Date, Time, Location
Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10:00AM – 1:00PM
Group meets at the corner picnic area right at the barn entrance. You can park in the dirt parking lot there.
27210 Altamont Rd, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
The instructional portion of the filed trip will take place in the picnic area.
Note, the walk and shooting period will be around the inside of the pasture, which is home to about 5-10 horses. The pasture is large enough to stay away from them but if you wish, you can go and take pictures of them as well. But keep in mind the horses are loose and this is their home. All of the horses there are very gentle and are used to people but as with any wildlife, they can be unpredictable.
$79.00 plus Eventbrite online processing fee
Save 10% by registering more than two weeks in advance!
Tuition includes hands-on instruction, a roll of 35mm Fujifiulm, developing, a set of 4x6 prints and a CD with high quality scans of your pictures.
Due to the hands-on nature of this workshop, class size is limited to 15 people.
What to Bring
- Film camera of your choice, 35mm, 120mm
- Your own gear bag with your favorite lenses, filters, etc.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Extra Film
- We do recommend sunscreen & a hat too!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Learn about new Classes & Learning Center programs as soon as they’re announced.
Subscribe to Colorado's Newsletter
Subscribe to California's Newsletter